Progressive, growing, well known Chartered Professional Accounting firm in Vaughan, with a broad client base, is looking to expand it’s Tax Department. Require someone with tax experience to assist the Tax Department.
The Firm consists of 30 people and offers services in Assurance, Advisory, Forensics, Tax and Valuations. The Firm also provides monitoring services to many smaller accounting firms and hosts professional development courses for CPA’s in the area. In 2016 and 2020, the Firm was the winner of the Vaughan Chamber of Commerce’s Professional Services Firm in Vaughan.
The Firm offers a work life balance and many opportunities for advancement.
The candidate would be responsible for a wide variety of tax related tasks and report to our Tax Manager and Partners. You will work with the Tax Manager and Partners to provide compliance-related services including but not limited to:
- Preparation and/or review of personal, corporate and trust income tax returns
- Preparation of information returns, GST/HST returns
- Assisting with the preparation of CRA elections and objections
- Reviewing notices from CRA and statement of accounts
- Communication with CRA and clients
- Providing support to the other members of the Tax Group as needed
- Enrollment in CPA In-Depth Tax Program – must have completed Level 1
- Accounting degree or diploma
- 2 – 3 years of relevant experience
- Experience with MS office, Caseware/Caseview, Taxprep required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organization and time management skills for various projects and deadlines